It all started on the red carpet...
10. An epic slow-mo kiss between Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith set it off, reminding us all that romance in lengthy marriages does still exist. P.S. we're not looking forward to the recreations.
Which couple will recreate this for Instagram first? pic.twitter.com/gH95dYz8Co— Nigel Int'l D. (@Nigel_D) January 11, 2016
9. Jennifer "Bae" Lopez slayed the red carpet, per usual. Reminder: She is now 46. Sigh...
8. How about that hella awkward exchange between Mel Gibson and Ricky Gervais? Oh, you missed it? See below.
7. Sylvester Stallone won a Golden Globe, which in itself is a highlight of its own. But the kicker of the night, or his speech rather, was that he forgot to thank the man behind the movie ('Creed'), Ryan Coogler. He did, however, thank his imaginary friend "Rocky."
Note: Stallone reportedly returned to the stage during a commercial break to thank Coogler, calling him a “brilliant, brilliant filmmaker,” as well as co-stars, Michael B. Jordan Tessa Thompson.
6. Tom Hanks apparently had a cold, which really isn't that interesting. Twitter's reactions, on the other hand, are a totally different story. Not to mention his Denzel impersonation.
Tom Hanks needs some NyQuil. :( #GoldenGlobes— PAPER Magazine (@papermagazine) January 11, 2016
DON'T HUG TOM HANKS DENZEL, HE'S GOING TO GET YOU SO SICK NOOOOOOOO— ScreenCrush (@screencrushnews) January 11, 2016
Oh, and this too.
Tom Hanks takes the stage. With a cold. #GoldenGlobes “I’m gonna treat you all like Denzel would treat you.” Does a Denzel clap perfectly.— JoBlo.com (@joblocom) January 11, 2016
5. Denzel; his speech, his family, his existence and his priceless memeful faces—for those, we thank you.
4. Lady Gaga won a Globe but Leo's reaction won the night. Don't believe us? Just watch.
3. We're not exactly sure what was better here. Leo's speech or his nonchalant attitude and lack of remarks for his limited speech time. There will be NO rushing Leo damnit!
2. Taraji P. Henson not only won Best Actress in a TV Drama Series, but our hearts (again) and the hearts of those who love sweets, specifically cookies.
In celebration of her award (her first win), she handed out chocolate chip treats to the audience, including Leonardo DiCaprio and Lady Gaga.
Highlights also include her semi-telling off the teleprompter as it reminder her to begin closing her speech. But because she's "waited 20 years for this," she was determined to take all the time she needed.
1. The highlight of the night, without a doubt, goes to 'Straight Outta Compton''s fake win for Best Original Score. We see what you did there Jamie.