Watch Revolt TV

Initializing system...

Remy Ma Released From Prison

Confirmed: Remy Ma Released From Prison

Prison official confirmed third-party call triggered action.

Keep Reading

Remy Ma Released From Prison

UPDATE: Remy Ma has been released from prison, a representative from her camp has confirmed to REVOLT, in addition to independent confirmation with the New York State Parole Department. 

The rapper was released late Friday afternoon and posted "I'm Back" on her Instagram account. 

Remy Ma will remained imprisoned, REVOLT has confirmed. 

The Bronx rapper and friends pushed today’s date as her release from prison after 6 years but she will still remain behind bars. 

An official at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility informed REVOLT that Remy Ma was invovled in a disciplinary problem on July 21. 

That date also happens to be the same day the Bronx-bred lyricist phoned into Power 105 personality Angie Martinez's radio show, although officials haven't confirmed if that was the reason for her delayed release, only citing "a third party call" being an issue. 

Hot 97 news chief, Miss Info, reported that Remy Ma spent the past week leading up to, what was believed to be, her release date in solitary confinement. 

Due to the infraction, though, the rapper has to wait until a report about the incident is resolved.

There is no set timetable for the process or an updated release date.  

A source close Remy confirmed to REVOLT earlier that she would be released this morning between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. EST, however, a New York State parole official confirmed the rapper was still in custody.

Here's What You Missed In Rap, Remy Ma

Remy used her Twitter and Instagram accounts, along with recruiting notable hip-hop luminaries, to publicize July 31 as her release date. 

The parole official stated the rapper did have a tentative release date but could not confirm when. REVOLT viewed information from a database that suggested today was in fact a tentative release date for the former Terror Squad star. Remy Ma was sentenced to 8 years in prison in May 2008 for shooting an associate, Makeda Barnes-Joseph after a dispute stemming from money while a group left a Manhattan party.

She was expected to be released early due to good behavior. 

REVOLT will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.